Academy Villas Receives a Perfect Score in State Review
When the Arizona Department of Health Services announced a perfect score for the Academy Villas on a recent review, the staff members were thrilled. A perfect score indicates that the State Regulatory agency, in an on-site review, found no deficiencies in the operations of the Villas. This is the second time in a row that the Villas received this score. Therefore, the next review will take place in two years rather than one.
Arizona State Reviews of Assisted Living Facilities
Reviews of Assisted Living facilities in Arizona are not announced ahead of time. Thus, the staff is completely surprised when the State reviewers walk in the front door. Considerable time is taken to conduct a review since the checklist is long. Examples of the many items that are examined by the reviewers are:
- Matching Medication Administration Records to orders received by physicians to ensure that every medication given has an order
- Examining all medication boxes to ensure that they are locked and contain no expired medications
- Looking at all employee files to check for references and are compliant with CPR & first aid certification in the State of Arizona
- Checking TB results on residents and employees that have to be repeated yearly
- Testing water temperatures and the review disaster plan manual.
Any issue in the items examined by the reviewers is listed as a deficiency.
The Academy Villas Staff
The staff work that goes into maintaining a healthy and nourishing environment for the Villas residents is extensive and often unnoticed. This involves maintaining many records, vigilance concerning individual residents’ medications and other needs, and maintaining a safe and clean environment both within and outside the Villas. Our Villas staff work together to ensure that all of these steps are followed, and that the residents feel safe and enjoy their life in the Villas. It is reassuring to the staff that their vigilance pays off in a highly successful review by the State. Congratulations to the staff.